MTB Z Coaster™ HUB
BUILD YOUR OWN HUB (BYOH)
Choices for following:
-Axle Bolts: Choose any Chromo bolt option at NO EXTRA CHARGE!
-Slack Cam Ring
The Z Coaster™ is a proprietary freecoaster style hub engineered, designed, & manufactured by Profile Racing. It essentially works as a spring/pawl cassette hub that can be disengaged into a freecoaster with varying slack options.
Highlights of the MTB Z Coaster™:
- The Z Coaster™’s Pawl is “Z” shaped to allow for engagement/disengagement by the center Slack Cam Ring. This allows for adjustable slack by being able to switch cam rings. They are available in 20/33/45 deg, 60 deg, 75 deg, 90 deg, & 115 deg slack opti0ns. This means you can dial in the slack from less than 1/8 of a crank to a full 1/3 of a crank!
- The Z Coaster™ has an outer driver support bearing for the oversized driver mechanism. This bearing supports the driver from the outside.
- The Z Coaster™’s pawls and ratchet ring have a proprietary coating that offer smooth engagement.
There are 48 points of engagement: all pawls engage simultaneously.
- Slack Options: 20/33/45 Degrees (45 degrees = 1/8 of a crank), 60 Degrees (1/6 of a crank), 75 Degrees (1/5 of a crank), 90 Degrees (1/4 of a crank), 115 Degrees (1/3 of a crank)
- 11t Drivers: 3/32″ width, Chromoly or Titanium
- 10t Drivers: 3/32″ width, Chromoly only
- 3/8″ Bolt On Axles-Chromoly or Titanium
- RHD Only
- 32h Only
- ISO Disc Brake
- 135mm width
- Utility patents and design patents granted & pending.
- Made here in the USA at the Profile Racing factory.
Colors: Black, Polished
MTB Z Coaster™ Hub Weights:
Complete MTB Z Coaster™: 643g/22.65oz
Steel Inner Axle: 110g/3.85oz
Titanium Inner Axle: 68g/2.4oz
Standard 3/8 CrMo Bolt: 25g/1.85oz
Standard 3/8 Titanium Bolt: 13g/.53oz
CrMo 3/8 Button Bolt: 33g/1.15oz each
CrMo 3/8 to 14mm Button Bolt: 36g/1.30oz each
Titanium 3/8 Button Bolt: 19g/.65oz
Titanium 3/8 to 14mm Button Bolt: 20g/.7oz
Chromo 3/8 17mm hex bolt: 37g/1.3oz
Chromo 3/8 to 14mm hex bolt: 41g/1.4oz
MTB Z Coaster™ Hub Dimensions:
Center to Drive Side Flange–33mm
Flange Diameter on Drive-Side–66mm
Center to Non-Drive Flange–33mm
Flange Diameter on Non-Drive Side–58mm